The Fresh Market Fact Sheet
The Fresh Market was founded with one simple goal in mind: to bring friends, family, and neighbors high-quality perishable products in a warm and friendly atmosphere with a high level of customer service.
- The Fresh Market was founded by Ray and Beverly Berry
- The first Fresh Market store opened in Greensboro, N.C. on March 5, 1982
- The Fresh Market is reminiscent of old-world European markets
- Our store environments appeal to all the senses to create the feel of several “fresh” markets all under one roof.
- The Fresh Market is family owned and privately held
- The Fresh Market is an equal opportunity employer
- There are 99 Fresh Market stores across 19 states
- Plans for expansion into more states are underway
Our 100th Store
- On June 20, 2020, The Fresh Market will open their 100th store
- The 100th store will be located in St. Petersburg, Florida
- This store is the 24th Fresh Market location in Florida
- The St. Petersburg store will create 90 new jobs for local workers
- The Fresh Market in St. Petersburg is a 22,000 square foot store